Da Nang has always been a must-visit destination on the list of any tourists that adore an ordinary Asian beauty. This spectacular coastal city embraces both natural beauty and tourist-friendly attractions – meaning no dull time from just taking pictures! Check our guide for full details to travel from Hanoi to Da Nang
An Overview of Da Nang
Distance from Hanoi to Da Nang: 770 kilometers
- Da Nang is in the Central of Vietnam and is a beach city with a coastal length of about 60 kilometers attracting 4 million visitors every year.
Da Nang beaches are widely loved by their vibrant beauty and fresh, delicious seafood
- Da Nang’s weather is similar to Ho Chi Minh City’s climate traits: dry season (January – July) and rainy season (August – December); the average temperature fluctuates from 25℃ to 34℃.
- Da Nang’s attractions: Han River Bridge, Golden Bridge, Dragon Bridge, Son Tra Peninsula, My Khe Beach, Marble Mountain, Ba Na Hill, Museum of Cham Sculpture, Phap Lam Pagoda, and so on
The famous Dragon Bridge
- Da Nang’s specialties: “Banh Trang Cuon Thit Heo” (Rice Paper Wrapped Sliced Pork), “Mi Quang” (Quang Noodles), Seafood, “Bun Mam Nem” (Fermented Fish Noodles), “Be Thui” (Veal), and so on
There is a joke saying you’ve never been to Da Nang if you haven’t had some bowls of “Mi Quang”
- The best times to visit Da Nang is from February to August (the peak tourist season is from March to July)
Read our comprehensive guide on Da Nang here
Da Nang Firework Festival often takes place in June and July
How to Travel from Hanoi to Da Nang
Flights from Hanoi to Da Nang
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Estimated price: VND 700,000 – VND 2,800,000/ticket
From Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi to Da Nang International Airport
Noi Bai Airport in Hanoi
The most common way to travel from Hanoi to Da Nang is by air, which is a bit pricey, yet convenient and time-saving. All airlines in Vietnam provide a wide range of selections to travel from Hanoi to Da Nang and often with a lot of sale-off campaigns. It is no surprise that these cheap flight tickets are often sold out super fast. Also, book your seats about 2 – 3 months in advance if possible would save a lot of money!
You may want to read our guide on Travel Time and Taxi Fares from Major Airports
Trains from Hanoi to Da Nang
Duration: 14 hours – 16 hours
Estimated price: VND 500,000 – VND 1,100,000/ticket
Hanoi Railway Station in Hanoi
Taking trains from Hanoi to Da Nang is more economical. We suggest that you should purchase berth tickets (whether hard or soft is fine) since the journey is quite long.
Berth tickets are a bit more expensive than the standard ones but more suitable for the long trip
Passenger/Private Buses from Hanoi to Da Nang
Duration: 15 hours – 18 hours
Estimated price: VND 320,000 – VND 500,000/ticket
Some passenger buses in Hanoi can drop you off at your preferred destinations in Da Nang
Hop on a passenger bus at any of Nuoc Ngam, Giap Bat, or My Dinh Bus Station in Hanoi to go to Da Nang. Hanoi – Da Nang buses are usually sleeping ones and well-equipped, so no need to worry about an unpleasant journey even if the tickets are much cheaper.
Book your train/bus tickets online to have all the information needed to plan your trip:
Rental Vehicles to Travel from Hanoi to Da Nang
Duration: from 14 – 20 hours
Motorbike rental price: VND 150,000 – VND 300,000/bike/day (depending on the type of motorbike)
Car rental price: VND 800,000 – VND 1,000,000/car/day (depending on the type of car)
For adventure seekers, it is more exciting to have control of your own motorbike or car to make the Hanoi – Da Nang journey. However, we do not recommend this choice unless you are familiar with roads in Vietnam, and you are confident in your driving; moreover, it is obviously a long and arduous drive from Hanoi to Da Nang. Check out Tips to Driving in Vietnam.
- Our suggested route: You can follow Highway 1 to get to Da Nang
- Alternative way for cars: From the center of Hanoi, drive on Ho Chi Minh road to Thanh Hoa, Nghe An, Ha Tinh, Quang Binh, Quang Tri, then to 1-Highway, Hai Van Pass and then arrive in Da Nang
Our Take on How to Travel from Hanoi to Da Nang
We hope that our recommendations on the most common ways to travel from Hanoi to Da Nang have been helpful to you. Let’s start planning your trip to this amazing coastal city and explore the magnificent charm of Vietnam.
Have you tried any of these options? Comment below and let us know your thoughts!